Our crews continue our efforts to restore service to thousands of customers in the greater Lawrence area. We have been able to restore natural gas service to 9,865 of the 9,946 customers outside the area directly affected by the incident, who may have been disconnected by emergency personnel, utility workers, plumbers or themselves.
If you are not home when we come to restore service, we will leave a notice on your door. Please follow the instructions to schedule a re-light appointment.
Plans are underway for the longer-term restoration effort for the 8,600 customers in the impacted area.
DO NOT attempt to turn on your gas service on your own.
If a customer smells an odor of natural gas, they should leave the area immediately, move to a safe location and call 911 and our emergency number at 1-800-525-8222. As a reminder:
- Don’t turn off gas to your house or to any appliances.
- Don’t try to find the leak yourself or operate pipeline valves.
- Don’t light a match or candle, or operate anything that could cause a spark, including home phones or cell phones, lights, appliances, flashlights, power tools, etc.
- Don’t open the windows and doors in an attempt to ventilate.