[Skip to Content]


Thursday, October 04, 2018
Odors at Lawrence Schools Not Related to Columbia Gas Lines
Natural gas odors were reported this morning at three schools in Lawrence. Columbia Gas crews and emergency responders have confirmed that our lines were not the source of these odors.

At Parthum School, a rooftop heater produced a gas odor. Work done by an HVAC contractor led to odors at Arlington School. We also investigated an odor at Oliver Partnership School and found no gas readings at the school or nearby. A sewage odor was found in a catch basin.

If you suspect a gas leak, stop what you're doing, immediately leave the area, and call 911 and Columbia Gas at 1-800-525-8222 from a safe place.

Media Contact

Scott Ferson

Customer Numbers

Affected Customer Helpline

Property Claims Helpline

Gas Emergency

Get Updates on Social

Facebook    Twitter